After Sunday’s muffin disaster, I was bound and determined to conquer the blueberry muffin. I used the same recipe from How to Cook Everything, but made some changes to my technique. First, I got some baking powder that was NOT EXPIRED (recommended). Second, I made sure I did less stirring. Third, I did all regular sized muffins and ditched the paper baking cups because I was afraid the paper was sucking too much moisture out of the muffins.
I’m pleased to say that this time around the batch turned out MUCH better. You actually want to eat these ones. Immediately after tasting the new ones I tossed the old #&@* muffins into the trash. Even though I count this as a success, I feel like there’s still work to be done to make truely spectacular blueberry muffins. I may try a different recipe next time. However, I feel like I did right by the fresh blueberries I got today in my CSA box!